Telecommunications giant, MTN Group, is the confirmed headline partner for the inaugural Business Day Focus 4.0 Conference and Exhibition, that will take place at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit & International Convention Centre on 3 March 2020.
The full day conference and exhibition is billed as a new platform for information-sharing, collaboration and debate that intently examines the impact of the fourth industrial revolution (4IR) on businesses in South Africa.
The fast-paced, digital revolution has rapidly thrown us into the midst of 4IR, and those who haven’t already begun to take action risk falling behind,” said Nompilo Morafo, MTN Group Executive for Corporate Affairs. There are still a number of hurdles to overcome and actions to prioritise, that require a collective effort from all role-players, if we are to take full advantage of the benefits of 4IR. As MTN we are ready to play a more inclusive role in this roadmap, proactively seeking partnerships with business and government to map out progress.”
Business Day Focus 4.0 will examine the readiness of SA businesses in embracing the fourth industrial revolution, and the impact it will have in redefining the future of many organisations, and the people in their workforce. The ethical use of technology, legislation, and how business leaders can adopt technology will also come under the spotlight, highlighting the critical issues business leaders need to consider right now. The future of digital in healthcare, and South Africa’s road to connectivity are two of the many exciting areas that will be covered.
The line-up of speakers includes:
- Rob Shuter – Group President and CEO, MTN
- Musa Kalenga – CEO & Founder, Bridge Labs
- Phuti Mahanyele-Dabengwa – CEO, Naspers
- Jonas Bogoshi – CEO, BCX
- Marius Oosthuizen – Global Futurist
- Sean Emery – CEO, RainFin
- Reshaad Sha – CEO, Liquid Telecom South Africa
- Alison Jacobson – Director, The Field Institute
- Suren Govender – Group Chief Digital Officer, Life Healthcare Group
- Prof Brian Armstrong – Chair: Digital Business, Wits Business School
- Dr Tashmia Ismail-Saville – CEO, Youth Employment Service (YES)
- Devina Maharaj – Head: Digital, Investec Bank South Africa
- Nomso Kana – Nuclear Scientist & Founder, Sun n Shield 84 Tech
- Kirtan Sita – Managing Director: Technology, Accenture
- Tumelo Seaketso – Organisation Transformation & Talent Director, Deloitte
- Dr Ntsibane Ntlatlapa – Impact Area Manager: Networked Systems and Applications, CSIR
- Dave Ives – Digital Advisory Executive, Altron Karabina
- Prof José Casado Suarez – Professor: School of Human Sciences & Technology, IE University
- Vino Govender CM(SA) – Executive: Strategy, Mergers & Acquisition and Innovation, Dark Fibre Africa
- Jon Foster-Pedley – Dean & Director, Henley Business School
- Martin Pienaar – COO, Mindworx Consulting
- Shiven Sukraj – Country Managing Director, ABB South Africa
- Prof Alex Antonites – Head: Department of Business Management, Faculty of Economics & Management Sciences, University of Pretoria
- Dr Ahmed Shaikh – Managing Director, Regent Business School
Media personality and entrepreneur Andile Khumalo will perform the MC duties, supported by panel moderators Dominic Gaobepe; Siki Mgabadeli and Joanne Joseph.
The interim agenda and speaker profiles can be viewed online at www.bdfocus4.co.za
Business Day Focus 4.0 is supported by the following organisations:
Headline Partner: MTN Group
Platinum Partners: Liquid Telecom South Africa, University of Pretoria, ABB Group, Regent Business School
Gold Partners: Investec Private Banking, MIP Holdings, Dark Fibre Africa, Wits Business School, McDonald’s SA, Life Healthcare Group, Deloitte Consulting, Exxaro, Johannesburg Business School (JBS), Altron Karabina, SCiBOTRON, IE University, Henley & Partners, BCX, Henley Business School, and Little Green Number.
Silver Partners: Pragma, Commerce Quest South Africa (Pty) Limited (CQSA), University of Johannesburg, Redshift Cyber Security, DHL Express South Africa, Etion South Africa, Thusano Group, Apex BI, Barloworld Logistics, Milpark Business School, Rikatec, Afrox, Petromarine, FlowCentric Mining, CZ Electronics, Lesedi Nuclear Services, Innovo Networks, IronTree, Ukwazi Operations, Interwaste, Webber Wentzel, Chrono-Logic Solutions, Cranefield College, Visa
Cold Press Media will be producing the Business Day Focus 4.0 publication for the event which will be inserted in Business Day on 4 March 2020. For more information, please visit www.bdfocus4.co.za