What do South African CEO’s really think of 4IR? This and other dynamic topics focussing on the impact of the fourth industrial revolution have been announced for the inaugural Business Day Focus 4.0 conference and exhibition, which will take place at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit & International Convention Centre on 3 March 2020.
Business Day Focus 4.0 is presented in partnership with Cold Press Media and is billed as a new platform for information-sharing and debate that intently examines the impact of the fourth industrial revolution (4IR) in South Africa.
Taryn Westoby, Head of Arena Holdings’ Events Division – which is responsible for managing Business Day Focus 4.0 – says: “The immediate rush of interest that was generated when the event was announced last year required the shift to a venue that could accommodate the demand of conference delegates and exhibitors. It’s clear that CEO’s across all industries in South Africa find the onset of 4IR a pressing issue, for which they need their businesses to remain ahead of the curve.”
The line-up of speakers includes:
- Musa Kalenga – CEO & Founder, Bridge Labs
- Reshaad Sha – CEO, Liquid Telecom South Africa
- Alison Jacobson – Director, The Field Institute
- Brian Armstrong – Chair: Digital Business, Wits Business School
- Tashmia Ismail-Saville – CEO, Youth Employment Service (YES)
- Jonas Bogoshi – CEO, BCX
- Kirtan Sita – Managing Director: Technology, Accenture
- Marius Oosthuizen – Futurist
- Suren Govender – Group Chief Digital Officer, Life Healthcare Group
- Tumelo Seaketso – Organisation Transformation & Talent Director, Deloitte
- Dr Ntsibane Ntlatlapa – Impact Area Manager: Networked Systems and Applications, CSIR
- Tawana Kupe – Vice Chancellor, University of Pretoria
- Dave Ives – Digital Advisory Executive, Altron Karabina
- Vino Govender CM(SA) – Executive: Strategy, Mergers & Acquisition and Innovation, Dark Fibre Africa
- José Casado Suarez – Professor IE University/ School of Human Sciences & Technology, IE University
- Nomso Kana – Nuclear scientist & Founder, Sun n Shield 84 Tech
- Jon Foster-Pedley – Dean & Director, Henley Business School
Media personality and entrepreneur Andile Khumalo will perform the MC duties, supported by panel moderators Dominic Gaobepe (business consultant and author), and Joanne Joseph (presenter on 702 and eNCA).
What will be tackled?
Business Day Focus 4.0 is an exclusive think-tank to awaken South African business leaders to the rapidly changing future where the physical, digital and biological spheres merge as a result of technological innovation. Billed as “embracing the fourth industrial revolution,” the conference will address emerging trends, opportunities and challenges, and highlight success models for consideration in an ever-changing business environment.
The conference agenda, consisting of thought-provoking presentations and panel discussions, will touch on the following topics:
- The fourth industrial revolution is here: are South African businesses ready?
- Platform economy in 4IR
- Redefining the future of your business
- Business leadership for 4IR
- The dark side of digital
- The future of the workforce
- The future of digital in healthcare
- What do South African CEOs really think of 4IR?
- The road to connectivity
The interim agenda and speaker profiles can be viewed online at www.bdfocus4.co.za
Business Day Focus 4.0 is supported by the following organisations
Gold Partners: Investec Private Banking, MIP Holdings, Dark Fibre Africa, Wits Business School, McDonald’s SA, Life Healthcare Group, Deloitte Consulting, Exxaro, Johannesburg Business School (JBS), Altron Karabina, SCiBOTRON, IE University, Henley & Partners, BCX, and Henley Business School.
Silver Partners: Pragma, Commerce Quest South Africa (Pty) Limited (CQSA), University of Johannesburg, Redshift Cyber Security, DHL Express South Africa, Etion South Africa, Thusano Group, Apex BI, Barloworld Logistics, Milpark Business School, Rikatec, Afrox, Petromarine, FlowCentric Mining, CZ Electronics, Lesedi Nuclear Services, Innovo Networks, IronTree, Ukwazi Operations, and Interwaste.
Cold Press Media will be producing the Business Day Focus 4.0 publication for the event which will be inserted in Business Day on 4 March 2020.
For more information, please visit www.bdfocus4.co.za or contact:
Sponsorship and advertising enquiries: General / ticket enquiries:
Jennifer Potter Melissa De Agrela
Director Project Manager